Get a Visa

Do you need a visa for Australia?

Most people planning to come to Australia for any length of time need two things: a job and a visa. In broad terms there are two main types of working visa: Employer Nominated, and Skills­ assessed. Both these categories contain many variations. But don’t worry, it’s doable! If you are living in Australia visit us here. If you are offshore and need assistance from trusted advisers go to

The Emigration Group

The Emigration Group was established in 1992 with the sole aim of helping people achieve a new life overseas. We are a UK company dealing primarily with British and other English speaking migrants wishing to emigrate to Australia and New Zealand. Contact us. Check out the offer.

Come here to do a job you’ve already been offered

Congratulations! If you’ve already got the job, your employer may be able to sponsor your resident visa application. The main requirement is that you have a job offer from an approved Australian employer. If you get a visa under this scheme, you’ll have permanent residence, enabling you - among other things - to: 

  • Live, work and study here indefinitely 
  • Access Medicare 
  • Apply for citizenship

If you need some more advice and you are living offshore we suggest you visit to find advisers.

If you are in Australia already then visit us at for advice and assistance.

In other words, you’ll live day to day like an Aussie. Fair dinkum. Read more about the Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186). 

Come here and look for work

While it helps to have a job offer, it’s not an absolute necessity. You can apply for a resident visa if you’ve got skills which help Australia’s economic growth, and which are in short supply.            

So, if you can do a job that’s on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) you could apply for a points-tested skills visa. Contact us here for more help or visit to find a trusted adviser.

Read more about the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)

Own a business, or invest.

To do these things, you’ll need a thing calloned Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188). Simpler than it sounds, it comes in four varieties: 

  • Business and innovation: for people who want to run a business 
  • Investor: for people with at least $1.5m to invest 
  • Significant investor: for people with at least $5m to invest 
  • Premium investor: for people with at least $15m to invest. 

Learn more or Get in touch with us if you want to come to Australia to start up a business or make some investments.

Live with your family

If you’ve got an Australian citizen or permanent resident in your immediate family, they may be able to sponsor a points-tested visa application. We can help so visit us here.

Come on a working holiday

If you’re aged between 18 and 30, you can spend a year in Australia, casually working your way through the holiday of a lifetime. To qualify, you’ll need enough cash to prove you can look after yourself while you’re here; a valid passport from a country involved in the Australian Working Holiday Programme; and - sorry - no kids.

Find out more about working holiday visas or visit to get in touch with people that can help!

This could be you!

Read about others who have used Working In to move to Australia


Working In Websites